El Paso, Are You Covered for 2020?
My office is happy to provide resources for El Pasoans to get the healthcare they need. Health insurance is an essential resource that can ensure you have access to care and are financially prepared in case of any medical emergency.
Open enrollment for 2020 coverage is from November 1 to December 15, 2019.
How can I enroll?
- The Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM) is a government tool that can provide different insurance options based on your income, and where you can enroll for coverage or renew an existing policy. You can apply to enroll for health insurance with the HIM online at www.healthcare.gov/get-coverage or by phone at 1-800-318-2596.
- You may also apply for insurance through an agent, broker, or assister. To find one near you, use the Find Local Help tool on the HIM website.
- Contact any of the following centers to be connected with an assister in the El Paso area
- Project Vida: (915) 533-7057
- Centro San Vicente: (915) 858-2932
- Centro De Salud La Fe: (915) 534-7979
- University Medical Center: (915) 534-7979
Who should enroll?
- Those who do not have health insurance from their job, Medicare, Medicaid, or another program qualify for individual coverage. To find out more about what coverage you fall under, visit the Texas Health Options resource here.
What information will I need to submit?
- Before you apply for insurance, it is important to learn about the information you will need to provide. This includes:
- Personal identification information (name, date of birth, address, SSN)
- Household income estimate and information (spouse, children, dependents)
- Tax filing information
- Employer information
- Other additional information required to estimate your status and insurance options
- For a detailed checklist of required enrollment documents, click here.
How can I choose the plan that is best for me?
- Learning more can help you navigate insurance coverage, so that you can make the choice most tailored to your individual needs. The Texas Health Options resource can help you learn more about comparing plans here.
- You may also qualify for a premium tax credit or other programs to help reduce the cost of your insurance. For a preview on cost based on your income, click here.
- Speak to a Texas Health Options representative at 1-800-252-3439 with any questions about understanding and comparing insurance plans in Texas.
Below you will find a list of events that my team will be tabling during the open enrollment period. They will be there to answer any questions you may have about the process:
Walgreens and El Paso Diabetes Association 2nd Annual Family Health Fair
Saturday, November 2
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
6101 Gateway Blvd. W
El Paso, TX 79925
PBS Kids Fiesta
Saturday, December 7
Noon – 5:00 p.m.
El Paso Convention Center
1 Civic Center Plaza
El Paso, TX 79901
I encourage you to visit healthcare.gov today to get ready for the open enrollment period. December 15th will be here before you know it. If you have any additional questions about open enrollment and getting covered, please feel free to get in touch with Representative Escobar’s team at (915) 541-1400.