Skip to Content

Fiscal Year 2025 Appropriations Requests

General Programmatic & Language Appropriations Requests  

Please use this form to submit Fiscal Year 2025 (FY25) general programmatic and language appropriations requests to Representative Escobar's office. If you have multiple requests, please submit a separate form for each request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to ensure we can fully evaluate your request. 

Please DO NOT use this general appropriations requests form for Community Project Funding requests.

The deadline for submitting requests to our office is April 19th, 2024. 

For additional information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions below. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call my Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4831 or directly email our appropriations inbox at  

Community Projects Funding Requests  

To submit a request for Community Project Funding, please visit our Community Project Funding page here. Any requests for Community Project Funding submitted through the general FY24 appropriations request form above will not be considered.  

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an appropriations request? 

Every year, Congress is responsible for allocating overall funding for offices, programs, and grants administered by the federal government. As your Representative in Congress, Rep. Escobar has the opportunity to advocate on behalf of programs that are important to Texas’ 16th Congressional District. For example, Rep. Escobar can advocate to maintain or increase the total funding for federal grants, agencies, and programs that support El Paso’s infrastructure and transportation priorities, Fort Bliss’ defense needs, and the health, safety, and and economic prosperity of all El Pasoans.   

What are the different types of appropriations requests that I can make? 

  • Program Request: Members may request specific funding levels for agencies and programs funded in the twelve appropriations bills. Example: Provide $4,000,000,000 for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program. Use our general appropriations request form for program requests.  

  • Language Request: Members may request bill language or report language directing or encouraging specific actions by federal agencies. Example: Encouraging the National Cancer Institute to support research to develop diagnostic tests for early detection of kidney cancer. Use our general appropriations request form for language requests. 

  • Community Project Funding Request: Members may request funding for specific projects in their communities, so long as the projects have a federal nexus and meet other requirements established by federal law, House Rules, and the Committee to ensure only high-quality projects are requested and funded. Example: Provide $500,000 for a specific entity in El Paso, Texas. 

Guidance and link to request form for fiscal year 2025 Community Project Funding requests can be found on our Community Project Funding page here. 

Who should submit an appropriations request? 

Appropriations requests should be submitted by community members and advocates who work to secure funding for federal programs that benefit our community. For example, a town administrator, nonprofit organization advocate, or educational entity principle. 

What is the deadline to submit appropriations requests? 

The House Appropriations Committee sets rigid deadlines for my office to submit requests. In order to adequately review and submit the requests you make to my office, our deadline for Fiscal Year 2025 requests is Friday, April 19th, 2024.  

If you are a constituent or local organization and believe you will need additional time to complete your request, please call my legislative office in Washington, D.C. office at (202) 225-4831 prior to the deadline, and we will work with you to help. Please keep in mind that our office cannot submit appropriations requests after the committee’s established deadlines. 

Will the information I submit be public? 

Some details, including the location and substance of your request, may be public. We will never publicly share the name or other personal information of the requestor without your permission. 

How should I submit a request? 

General program and language requests can only be submitted using this form. Please ensure you fill out as much of the information on the form as possible so that we can best advocate for your needs, and feel free to call our office with any questions or concerns. If you have more than one request, please complete the form individually for each request.  

To submit a request for Community Project Funding, please visit our dedicated resource page here

Who can I speak to about how and where to best submit my idea if I have more questions? 

You can call our Washington, D.C. office at (202)225-4831 or email us directly at 

Stay Connected